· By entering a Running Events Devon Event you acknowledge it will be demanding and physically strenuous, and agree that all relevant training has been undertaken, and that all medical and physical limitations have been considered.
· Whilst we take great care when staging any Running Events Devon event, entrants must also acknowledge that insurance for personal items and your personal safety are your sole responsibility.
· No litter on the course is acceptable, it must be put in the bins either provided or available on the route.
· Give right-of-way to members of the public, including horse riders and cyclists, at all times. Keep to the route so that there is no impact on the environment.
· We as Running Events Devon reserve the right to remove any participant or prevent participation in an event or future event if you affect the safety or enjoyment of any other participant, or for any other reasonable consideration decided by Running Events Devon.
· Negligent or malicious behaviour or an act of misconduct resulting in disqualification or removal from an event will result in no refund or transfer to a future event being offered.
· The entered athlete must collect their own Race number from Race HQ on the day of the event and we reserve the right to ask for a form of ID. An athlete running under another athlete name/race number will be disqualified, both runners will be banned from all Running Events Devon events and reported to England Athletics if the athlete is an affiliated club member.
· Running Events Devon, any associated employee, marshals, companies, or event medical advisors are not responsible for any injury or illness that the participant may suffer as a result of participating in our event.
· Headphones and music players are not allowed to be used through race briefing, additionally on some of our course’s headphones and music players will not be permitted.
· Race numbers/ Emergency details: You must provide information of any current medical conditions and any allergy information that emergency services may find useful in the event of an incident. Space is provided on the back of all race numbers for this information. Race numbers must always be fully displayed.
· AGE RULES
Some clarity on Age Group Rules. We operate strictly under UKA rules and translate these into our challenge lap distances as follows. Rule 141 S 5 UKA Trail Running.
Over 11 years - under 12 years - 3,000 metres = 0 Lap
Over 12 years - under 14 years - 5,000 metres = 1 Lap
Over 14 years - under 16 years - 6,000 metres = 1 Lap
Over 16 years - under 17 years - 10,000 metres = 2 Lap
Over 17 years - under 18 years - 25,000 metres = 5 Lap
Over 18 years - under 20 years - 45,000 metres = 8 Lap
Additionally, our entry system is set not to accept entries for any DOB under 18 – so for any runners under 18, the parent or guardian should contact us and we will advise on how to enter, if there is availability as we will allow no more than 3 under 18’s per event, and most importantly monitor against the above distances.
Please note the under 20’s restriction on Ultra events.
Failure on any of the above rules could result in disqualification The Race Directors decision is final.
EVENT CANCELLATION POLICY
If events beyond our control make the course unsafe, we reserve the right to delay, relocate, postpone or cancel the event or alter the course. We will endeavour to give as much notice as possible to all entrants.
No refunds will be offered.
In the event of postponement of an event, and you are unable to make the new date, you will be able to defer to a later event within 12 months of the postponed event, but no refund will be offered.
BOOKINGS AND PAYMENTS
Entry to our events is via online entry only with full payment at time of entry.
DEFERRAL OR TRANSFERS
Deferral to another event is at Running Events Devon's discretion and is accepted no later than 14 days prior to date of the event.
A deferral is valid for 1 year from the date of the original event entered. You can defer once. We do not accept multiple deferrals.
Transfers to another person are accepted no later than 14 days prior to the date of the event. Please email us with full details of yourself and the person you wish to take your place, please include the new person into the email.
To defer or transfer please email us at email@example.com
No deferrals or transfers are accepted with less than 14 days notice prior to an event, except in exceptional circumstances then this will be at Running Events Devon's discretion.
These Term’s & Conditions were produced August 2021